On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Premanand <premanandp...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The Indian word puraaNa is an adjective meaning old, ancient; and a noun
> meaning; tale of by-gone ages, Hindu mythology.
>
> Superpowers abound in the old tales of many nations. So why take the  Indian
> Puranas any more seriously than say Icelandic or German tales? The existence
> of Patanjali's Yogadarshan does not suggest that we ignore all old Western
> tales and believe only the Indian ones. Or does it?

You're preaching to a bunch of Peter Pans, who were taught by
Maharishi to never grow up. Why should we believe the old tales of the
Indians?  Because that's the way of the hippie generation.  Don't
believe anyone over 30.  Don't believe the government.  Don't believe
your religion.  Don't believe authorities.  Don't believe your
parents.  But do believe some fairy tales from India because India is
a far away place and Indians would never lie to you, would they?