PaliGap wrote:
> The "categorical imperative" was the central
> plank of Kant's moral philosophy, not
> epistemology...

Yes, I stand corrected, it was Kant's 'theory of
knowledge', the thing-in-itself, that I meant to
mention, according to Kant in his 'Critique of
Pure Reason'. Kant argued that there are synthetic
'a priori' truths.

My point is that statements of 'soul' and 'self'
mentioned by the Turq, are speculative in nature
and so cannot be addressed by the human mind since
they are not based on sense perceptions.

Apparently the Turq read about the 'reincarnating'
'soul-monad' in a book, or he was told it. He has
never seen the 'soul', otherwise he would have
been able to describe it and to locate it in space
and in time. It doesn't prove causation to relate
his experience of being a reincarnated soul-monad,
because of the factor of suggestibility.

It has already been established by the Turq himself
that the 'TM Program' and the 'Rama Program' left
him and many others highly suggestible to the point
of being almost 'brainwashed'.

So, Turq may have 'thought' he saw feats of real
levitation and 'thought' he remembered his previous
lives when, in reality, the Turq was programmed
by his teachers to a very great extent to believe
such things.