--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> http://bigthink.com/ideas/18172
>
> at about 00:58

I have it more now then when I was in India.  Although I experienced baby's as
begging props and the visceral horror of lepers thrusting their finger nubs at
me while in open tri-wheel cabs, I had bought into the Hindu idea that this
situation WAS fair when I was in India.

It is his rejection of that cruel ideology that makes his thinking so
attractive to me.  He is saying something that is the opposite view of the
karmic belief system, "it's not fair!"  They didn't earn this suffering by
their bad deeds in a past life, they just drew the short straw in life by
chance. And we can act to change this unfairness.

I think it is fascinating that you are promoting a guy who explicitly states
that he does not belief in God and whose views are so much more inline with
Gandhi than Guru Dev.  High five for that Nabby.

Of course we may have very different reasons for liking his ideas but it has
served as an interesting intersection for our very different opinions about the
world.