--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:
> That's the way gangs work. They mete out "justice" swiftly and finally
> without messing with all that legal stuff. You, apparently, would like
the
> whole society to function that way.

Rick, I believe gangs typically interact with other gangs.  When they
encroach on traditional law abiding citizens they generally run into a
lot of organized resistance from police or other organized groups.

Take a look at what is happening in Mexico.  There you have the gangs
encroaching into non gang,  traditional life.  The response from the
authorities is rising up to deal with the crisis.  When the gangs were
just killing each other, the concern wasn't so great.  There are many
other examples.  Look at how the "west was won".  Why did not outlaw
gangs take over?  Because most citizens are law abiding, have strong
sense of right and wrong, and know what constitutes justice.  And they
are willing to enforce that by consensus, and often that mens force.
Isn't that what kept law and order during this period.

I think it is a little lame to suggest that I am advocating gang  type
revenge justice.  I am just saying that you tread on me in such a way as
to deprive me of my rights, be prepared for forceful action.

Certainly there are many times when I would like to harm someone for
treating me in what I feel to be an unfair manner.  And I recognize that
I must pursue it in a civil (court) manner.

I have a customer right now who owes my (our) company $600.00, and he
won't discuss it, and I would like to do something radical to show my
anger and frustration.  But I recognize that I may just have to go after
him in small court.

What do you think.