From: Rick Archer <r...@searchsummit.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 21, 2010 8:38:25 AM
Subject: RE: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fwd: She Shot Him 6 Times

From:FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:FairfieldLi f...@yahoogroups. com]
On Behalf Of lurkernomore2000200 0
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 7:08 PM
To: FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fwd: She Shot Him 6 Times

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:
> That's the way gangs work. They mete out "justice" swiftly and finally
> without messing with all that legal stuff. You, apparently, would like the
> whole society to function that way.
Rick, I believe gangs typically interact with other gangs.  When they encroach
on traditional law abiding citizens they generally run into a lot of organized
resistance from police or other organized groups.
Take a look at what is happening in Mexico.  There you have the gangs
encroaching into non gang,  traditional life.  The response from the
authorities is rising up to deal with the crisis.  When the gangs were just
killing each other, the concern wasn't so great.  There are many other
examples.  Look at how the "west was won".  Why did not outlaw gangs take
over?  Because most citizens are law abiding, have strong sense of right and
wrong, and know what constitutes justice.  And they are willing to enforce that
by consensus, and often that mens force.  Isn't that what kept law and order
during this period.
I think it is a little lame to suggest that I am advocating gang  type revenge
justice.  I am just saying that you tread on me in such a way as to deprive me
of my rights, be prepared for forceful action.
Certainly there are many times when I would like to harm someone for treating
me in what I feel to be an unfair manner.  And I recognize that I must pursue
it in a civil (court) manner.
I have a customer right now who owes my (our) company $600.00, and he won't
discuss it, and I would like to do something radical to show my anger and
frustration.  But I recognize that I may just have to go after him in small
court.
What do you think.
You're points are well-taken. I suppose we have laws to offer a civil
alternative to venting our anger in ways our baser instincts might dictate. I
once knew a woman in the Indian Village area of downtown Detroit, a wealthy
neighborhood directly abutting a poor neighborhood. She said that more than
once, she'd wake up in the middle of the night to find a thief rummaging
through her belongings in her bedroom. She got a dog, but the guy make friends
with the dog when she was walking it in the park, so the next time he broke in,
the dog didn't react. It's hard for me to imagine shooting anyone, but if I
were her, I'd be tempted to have a gun under my pillow and shoot the guy. Maybe
I'd aim for the legs. That should send a pretty clear message.