> > We just don't know what it is we're trying to measure or
> > how to go about it.

Curtis:
> Going into Iraq was a stupid idea from what was known IMO...

Maybe so, but almost everyone thought Saddam had WMD and would
use them. We didn't know for sure until after the invasion of
Iraq that he didn't have what everyone thought he had.

So, maybe you thought it was a stupid idea, but many others,
who are supposedly a lot smarter than you are, such as Henry
Kissinger, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, didn't know for
sure, so they voted to authorize the president to use force
to find out.

So, how did you know *for sure* that Sadaam didn't have WMD
and would not use them? And, what would you have done instead?

"On Nov. 20, the Tribune began an inquest: We set out to assess
the Bush administration's arguments for war in Iraq. We have
weighed each of those nine arguments against the findings of
subsequent official investigations by the 9/11 Commission, the
Senate Intelligence Committee and others...

After reassessing the administration's nine arguments for war,
we do not see the conspiracy to mislead that many critics
allege..."

Read more:

'Judging the case for war'
The Chicago Tribune, December 28, 2005