--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"

> > > Polite but firm challenge.
> > >

> > I am probably using a mistaken understanding of your point to rift off into
> > my own thing. So apologies there.
> >
> > However, I also challenge Obama's (and many before him) who say "sometimes
> > you just gotta fight. Sometimes armed violent conflict is inevitable and
> > necessary"  Fascists (not to use explosive terms) may say the same -- just
> > argue about when its necessary. For the later -- it's almost always. For
> > the former, it's sometimes. How about never?
>
> I only meant the part about us having stuff we didn't know we didn't know.  I
> don't buy Obama's position on Afghanistan either.  Especially since we are
> putting war on our credit card!
>

> > War is necessary only if and when you have F'ed things up so bad for so
> > many years that it takes war to clean up the massive sewage left by the
> > inept for generations.
> >
> > I throw out the challenge. I believe a case can be made that every war the
> > US has been involved in could have been avoided. (I was in the TMO for
> > years. I am adept at making bold claims) No, not avoided one month before
> > the outbreak.  But avoided by many prior years of good work and  good
> > policy.
>
> One problem with analyzing wars after the fact is that the pieces fit
> together perfectly giving us the illusion that we might be able to use this
> insight in the future.  But the problem with looking ahead in complex systems
> is that there are too many variables with no organizing principle of 20/20
> hindsight.

The one thing that is not variable is education. Raise the world's (and tea
partyers) level of education and wars will not happen. Or be far less.

>So for all the "signs" that would have led us to avoid WWII that seem obvious
>now, at the time we were too swamped in conflicting info.

Sure a year before. Six months before. hard to stop a Tsunami once its rolling.
I am looking further back. US entering WWI allowed the British and French and
other "allied" imperialsts (bad guys) [thats a hint -- when you ally your self
with blood sucking murderous imperialsits, you are going down the wrong road --
a road that will invitably end in war)] in a position to literaly butt fuck
German imperials (bad guys). After a decade of massive and continued rape, and
bearing the consequences of it via hyper inflation etc, the
tea-partier/skinhead faction of Germany of the time, thugs, were able to take
power because the shit had been totally kicked out of rational, good intentions
thinking Germans -- and they thought -- well it can't be any worse. And they
(the skinheads, aka brown-shirts) have great music, marches and architecture.
Lets give it a try.

And it could happen here.

>But if you have expansionistic pricks on the move there is a humanitarian
>element.

When the dam breaks you gotta clean it up. What I am talking about is building
stronger dams. 50 years before the fact.

> As much as I hated the Vietnamese war and believe it was misguided, I am
> moved by the stories of what happened in South Vietnam when the Communists
> did take it over. And I would not be happy with a German speaking Europe or
> Japanese spoken all over Asia.

Would Japanese being spoken all over Asia be worse than English,  French and
Dutch being spoken all over Asia. One form of imperialism is not much better
than another form of imperialism. At least the Japanese were intent on kicking
out European Imperialists.

  So I'm with you in principle but in practice I'm not sure that is an option.
Sometime countries just act like complete assholes, ours included.