> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, m2smart4u2000 <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > So this will be a difficult time for Joran, and the
> > > planetary energy is indicating prison time for him.
> > > Transit Saturn will aspect natal Jupiter, the ascendant
> > > lord in the months of Nov/Dec 2011, a very bad time.
> >
> > With that staggering amount of knowledge gleaned simply from
> > a birthdate you should be able to give us a rather good prediction
> > about the eventual outcome. Care to put something in writing?
>
> Two predictions above: prison time, and two months that
> will be especially difficult for him. His trial, maybe?

You call that a prediction? I didn't even notice it. I guess
this underlines the difference between what happens when you
look at a Rorshach blot for confirmation compared to when
you actually expect something to be pointed towards beforehand
This is how astrology works. If you can only say what might be
happening once he's in already in jail, and without being even
remotely specific, how do you know you aren't just looking
for correlations that could apply to anyone?

I had a bad week last week, at least that's what you could
find if you were looking for something once the planets had
spoken. If they said it was a good week it would have been
that too. Without anything specific we'll never know...

But as we clearly have a few experts here would any of them
care to do my horoscope and a few predictions for the next
six months? Go on it'll be fun, and I promise to be honest.
Lets face it, if there is anything to astrology at all we'll
have a Nobel prize to share amongst ourselves. True we might
have the tricky task of having to explain why only some
planets are used and why we have to have the Earth at the
centre of the solar system etc etc. And even some sort of idea
of the field used, maybe John Hagelin could cobble together a
quantumy sounding bit of nonsense for us. Might get us Lynched
though, and I don't mean David.

> > And was this guy tracked down because of his horoscope?
> > And couldn't you have predicted and prevented the crime
> > in the first place? Otherwise what possible use is it
> > other than as a kind of New-age Philip K Dick movie,
> > Through a Minority Jyotishee Boredly perhaps.
>
> Useful for study purposes, actually, to see how a chart
> reflects a life. It's standard in Western astrology as
> well. Theoretically, if you examine many charts of people
> about whose lives you know something, you can see how
> the charts "predicted" their lives, how the principles of
> astrology apply. You then presumably use that knowledge
> to make your own predictions of things that haven't
> happened yet. It's a little like learning a language.

Same thing happened with Nostradamus's "predictions" they
they were only made after the event which isn't much use
in confirming a link with the planets really. Getting
something useful about the future seems to be rather
trickier.