> [...]
> >
> > In our daily affairs we should adopt a strategy of quickly attending to
> > good works and things related to the Divine. Should any wrong thought
> > arise, on the other hand, we should try to postpone it to another time by
> > saying, "I'll do it tomorrow, or the day after next." In this way, wrong
> > action can be continuously postponed.
> >
> > To be born a human is more fortunate than to be born a deva (angel or
> > Divine being). Taking birth as a deva is considered comparable to taking
> > birth as any other life form. Birth as a deva is attained by those who
> > perform certain sacrifices and karma, etc. associated with divinity, with
> > the intention to enjoy divine pleasures. The minds of the devas wander
> > incessantly because of the abundance of enjoyable things in the heavenly
> > realms, and hence they cannot perform purushartha (Divine action - action
> > in accord with the cosmic evolution and individual destiny). For this
> > reason, the human birth is considered superior, because here, by doing as
> > much purushartha as possible, one can eventually merge with God.
> >
> > A human being is like a lump of pure gold, whereas devas are like pieces of
> > fine jewelry. Having been perfected as jewelry, their progress is complete,
> > and they cannot be further improved. On the other hand, gold which has not
> > yet been crafted by the jeweler, has unlimited potential. Hence the birth
> > of a human being is said to be the very best birth for action.
> >
> > Having attained this birth, one should not act carelessly, but should
> > conscientiously perform the best purushartha. Fulfilling one's own dharma
> > while keeping faith in Paramatman is the greatest purushartha. Strive to
> > become one with God in this lifetime. Have firm faith in the Vedas and
> > Shastras (Vedic scripture) and keep the company of saints, mahatmas and
> > wise people. Only then will the purpose of your life be fulfilled.
> >
> > To get a human body is a rare thing—make full use of it. There are four
> > million kinds of births which a soul can gather. After that one gets a
> > human body. Therefore, one should not waste this opportunity. Every second
> > in human life is very valuable. If you don't value this, then you will have
> > nothing in hand and you will weep in the end.
> >
> > Because you're human, God has given you power to think and decide what is
> > good and bad. Therefore, you can do the best possible kind of action. You
> > should never consider yourself weak or a fallen creature. Whatever may have
> > happened up to now may be because you didn't know. But now be careful.
> > After gaining a human body, if you don't reach God, then you have sold a
> > diamond at the price of spinach.
> >
> > Swami Brahmananda Saraswati-

> > > Spiritual-good in the TM sense would be that which promotes spiritual
> > > experience.  Evidently known by experience or culture.
> > >
> > > For whatever tribal reasons Maharishi did not delineate much and
> > > obviously went his own way.  No ten commandments, no 'golden rule'.

What was the attempt of M's to teach a unified cultural value set as SCI has
been dropped, evidently scrapped.  In place of SCI and MSCI are MBA's and
'science'.  'Professionals in accounting' can take a MBA in accounting.. A
'MCA'?  Masters of Creative Accounting (MCA) from the movement?  The irony is
large.

Would be fun to be a fly on the wall for the 'ethics in accounting' lectures as
they are taught by the movement.