--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> Geez, Buck, sounds like you better get crackin' and do your homework...right
> this minute! Now, don't be tardy with your assignment or your schoolmarm,
> Barry, is going to whack you with a ruler and make you wear a dunce cap. Nah,
> forget it, play hooky and avoid the humiliation.

> > > Well yes, is all part of the experience and the practice of
> > > discernment has a lot to do with the spin of the subtle
> > > spiritual system of the soul. I should suspect that science
> > > will show it too in time as they would look further in to
> > > spirituality.  Like seeing the neuro-physiology of sin also
> > > by contrast with with what they are finding as the physiology
> > > of spiritual practices.  In the science as it is in the
> > > experience.  That contrast might well teach you to repent
> > > your ways if the scriptural advice won't.

> > You seem to believe that there are some behaviors
> > that *in themselves* are "bad" or "lesser" than
> > other behaviors, or that are "less evolved" than
> > some other behaviors. And that one has to "discrim-
> > inate" to *reject* these behaviors and actions.
> >
> > I do not believe this. Instead, I believe that there
> > are very few actions that are de facto less than life-
> > supporting (the taking of life being one of them),
> > and that prudish, reject-the-pleasures-of-the-world
> > pseudoseekers such as yourself (or at the very least,
> > such as your act recently) tend to waste a great deal
> > of time and energy rejecting the "small shit," and in
> > so doing reject much of the joy of life itself.

Dear Turq,

It is pretty simple.  By experience I agree with Yogananda and Maharishi on this
and I would disagree with you.  In my experience you are wrong on it.  There is
bad behavior and
I would agree with the supreme court, "You know it when you see it".
Individual and also communal.

Like these guys are a bad waste of spiritual time, a loss of  most everyone's
time
and life-energy around them spiritually.  Here are a couple bad boys civilly,
criminally
wasting a lot of people's time, for instance:

Rothstein gets 50 Years
http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/ponzi-fraudster-rothstein-gets-50-years/

International Con Man Llewellyn
http://www.post-gazette.com/regionstate/19990430scam3.asp

Evidently stopped for good reason.

Spiritually, the duping, conning and wasting of time of unsuspecting practicing
spiritual people, that would be really bad.  In its own category. Particularly
bad on principle.  I would bet the science about human spirituality would bare
that out too.  That is what i see in my experience with it.

Jai Adi Shankara,
-Buck