> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > Do you remember the thank-you gifts we were
> > going to get for the administrators--Doug and
> > Linda, right?  Twin T-shirts saying "Excellent
> > Male Offspring" and "Excellent Female Offspring."
>
> Don't remember that. Are we sure we were on the same course?

I think we nailed it down awhile back.  I
can't now remember either the CIC number or
the year (either '84 or '85; the flying block
was in June).

Trying to think of other features that would
have been distinctive... Two airplanes to St.
Louis with folks going to the course on board,
one from New York (that I was on) and another
from Boston, had to turn back and make emergency
landings shortly after taking off.  The plane
from Boston ate a bird; on my plane, the outside
fold-down stairs never retracted when the door
was closed, and we took off with the staircase
flapping in the breeze.  Nobody had ever heard
of such a thing happening before.

Had to fly out over the ocean to dump fuel, then
land at Kennedy because it has a longer runway
(we'd taken off from LaGuardia).  Full-dress
emergency landing, shoes off, sharp objects out
of pockets, head between the knees.  Emergency
trucks all ready and waiting to lay foam if
necessary.  No sliding down a chute, though.
The landing was smooth as silk, and everybody
applauded, led by the attendants.  Pilot said
he hadn't had to do an emergency landing in 30
years of flying.

> > Somebody overruled it.  Can't remember what we
> > got them instead.
> >
> > (This won't make sense to anybody who took the
> > TM-Sidhis after they started using the tapes...)
>
> You mean theydont' readthe 9th and 10th Mandalas any more? I still
> have my copies. Gold gilt on the edges and all.

Yup, me too.  I think they stopped using them
once the recordings came out.