snip

> My roommate during my last year with the TM organization
> was an airbrush artist who did costumes for Doug Henning.
> So Doug would come over to the house a lot and would
> show us some close-up magic.  I know he was most famous
> for his big stage effects, but the man's real genius was with
> his close-up magic.  I was two feet in front of him, able to
> move around and look at his hands from any angle I chose,
> and I still couldn't figure out how he did it.

In Colo. I used to watch "Doc" do his bar majic in Snowmass.  After a
while I would just look at his "other" hand. That's where the trick
was.  It was right in front of you. Simple misdirection.  This is a
lesson I have enjoyedly applied to life. Look for the background or
the less obvious.  That's were the action is taking place.

lurk