Following up on Nabby's claimed reasons for his hatred
of Buddhists, doesn't anyone ever wonder why he never
thinks any of these rationalizations for hatred *through*?

Yes, there is a history of ritual and ceremonial magic in
Tibet, long pre-dating the arrival of Buddhism. It was
(according to myth) common among the Bon shamans who ran
things in Tibet before Padmasambhava arrived and kicked
them all out. There is very little history of magic being
used for "dark" purposes afterwards.

However, that's not how the cultures that *feared* Tibet
and its dwellers' facility with magic (at least in myth if
not in actuality) saw things. Chinese "adventures tales"
always cast Tibetans as the Bad Guys. Always. It's like
they were so terrified of the magic that they could only
imagine what THEY would do with magic if they had mastered
it, so they assumed that Tibetans would, too. So Chinese
legends are full of non-magicians beating black magicians
from Tibet in wars that never happened to avenge magical
attacks against China that never happened.

Similarly, there is little question that some of the sicker
minds in the Third Reich had an unhealthy fascination with
"objects of power" and with ritual magic, thinking it would
help them rule the world. Whether anything ever happened
with such fascinations is debatable. Certainly Angela has
all the credibility of Willytex, so *nothing* she ever says
can be taken with less than a pound bag of salt.

But what Nabby misses entirely is that in his imagined
scenario it's the GERMANS who imagine dastardly things to
do with black magic, and who import (supposedly) Tibetans
to help them do it.

If Nabby were sane, he'd see that it's GERMANS he should
have an unreasoning hatred for, not Buddhists. But he can't
do that, first because he's German, and second because *he*
suffers from the same mind disease that the Nazis did. When
he hears about "magical abilities," the first thing (and
often the only thing) his mind turns to is how they could
be used against HIM, or against people he identifies with,
like TMers. His rantings here are FULL of such paranoia,
whether it's CIA agents infiltrating the TMO or FFL, or
the Dalai Lama paying people to badrap TM, or whatever.
In other words, the person who embodies the sick, twisted
aspect of this fascination with magic *to achieve the ends
of one's ego* is NABBY. He is essentially the modern
counterpart of the Nazis who did the same thing in WWII.