--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> And you are mindreading again.

See what great results and powers TM brings!

>It turns out you are making the same move many Christian moderates make which
>is actually more interesting to me.  I understand Sam Harris's concerns much
>better concerning people who take make a show of being rational while holding
>a class of beliefs safe from scrutiny.  Especially when it is this sub-class
>of beliefs that is actually driving much of a person's behavior as they do in
>your case.

That's quite a useful point, IMO. However, devils advocate (I am on retainer)
-- must every area of our life be held to rigorous scrutiny?  You like blues
and indian griddle cakes (no derision, I just can't recall the name). Does one
need to scutinize that more than "I really like them"?

Very little of our life is subject to rigorous scientific studies, etc. Or even
systematic rational analysis. If one analyzed everything, one would be in
analysis paralysis. Sometimes ya just gotta lay back and enjoy. The other day I
wrote about non-proximeous darshan. Will that hold up under harsh rational and
scientific scrutiny? Probably not -- without expending huge effort.

Can I just enjoy the effect without knowing or caring if its actual contact and
response -- or all inner ritam darshan. I don't care much, either way. Its
enjoyable, humbling, and perspective giving -- regardless of the underlying
mechanics. Me, I don't care much how  car runs. Could be black magic or greek
gods pushing it -- for all I care. It works. Good enough for me in 97% of my
life. I rationally focus on the other 3%.