--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>

> > > Well then well have to also agree to disagree with your
> > > excessively negative assessment of this discussion. But
> > > after getting you to clarify what you were actually saying
> > > about your beliefs I feel more confident that people have
> > > more information to judge our differing points if they
> > > chose to follow them.
> > >
> > > Asking a person to clarify what they mean is not a
> > > debating trick, it is a means to come to a better
> > > understanding, which it accomplished for me.
> >
> > You asked me to "clarify" a very straightforward comparison
> > based on our views of MMY as expressed in our posts because
> > you figured you could then play around with the clarification
> > to make the comparison much more complicated than it really
> > was, since you couldn't rebut the simple, straightforward
> > case.
>
> And you are mindreading again.  And to no one's surprise
> you are reading evil in my intentions.

It's conceivable you aren't aware of what you're doing.

I did rebut it
> and as I found out your case was neither simple nor
> straightforward including concepts with a high
> probability of being true that are in a sub-belief
> category.

And that's your way of saying what I just said that
makes it favorable to yourself: You wanted to make
my case complicated and not straightforward so you
could claim we have similarly extreme views of MMY.

But we don't.

> I have never heard such a convoluted method for
> distancing yourself from ideas that you hold to be
> probable.  I think it allows you to play both sides
> retreating to your internal classifications when
> any idea is challenged. Oh I don't really believe
> believe that...and so on.

All that is unnecessary complications arising from
your desire to "clarify" (i.e., obfuscate) my very
simple and straightfoward assertion.

Again, all anybody has to do to verify what I said
is to read your toxic rants, which attribute
everything he did to self-serving motivations, and
compare them to my opinions, which I summarize as:
The significance of his personal flaws versus his
personal virtues is pretty evenly balanced.

I don't have any trouble encompassing his negative
traits in my view of him. You appear to be incapable
of acknowledging that he had any positive traits at
all, let alone of seeing a balance of negative and
positive, as I do.

The rest of your current post is just more insistence
on substituting obfuscating complications for that
straightforward, simple comparison: you are much,
*much* more extreme in your negative view of him
than I am in my positive view of him.