I occasionally get an invite to "join so and so on (fill in the
blank)".  Most recently on LinkedIn, a place I call "desperation row."
A friend already tricked me into signing on to LinkedIn a few years ago
under my own name and I'm not going to sign up under my handles.  I also
have no interest in Facebook.  LinkedIn annoys me because there are two
groups with the same name for the company I worked at and I know that
I've gotten requests again from folks I worked with on one group and
added because they joined the other.  What really annoys me about these
groups is some twenty something telling me "what I'm supposed to do."