On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2011, at 9:25 PM, Tom Pall wrote:
>
> > And in which direction have society and mores gone since we passed child
> labour laws in this country?
> >
> > Give the little buggers something to do with their spare time besides
> MMSing their homemade child porn to each other.
> >
> > The Texas Juvenile system is the worst.  Replace it with work houses and
> see if the kiddies are not rehabilitated when they're released.
>
> Should they have a Reduced Minimum Wage in your opinion? The "average"
> Texan?

The "average" Texan waits tables or hangs out at Home Depot and jumps into
the back of the first truck that stop in front of him.   I don't see the
minimum wage as relevant except to employ some teens in fast food
restaurants.  Most of the fast food workers in Texas are adults, with
children, working three part time jobs.  None of which give them any
benefits.  WalMart included.   Many minimum wage workers in Texas are also
junior college students of all ages.  /Not living with their parents.
Perhaps their parents live with *then*./  What's pitiful is that the minimum
wage used to house, clothe and feed a family with one wage earner.  Not
well, but still it did.