On May 3, 2011, at 4:43 PM, Buck wrote:

> Yep, that is essentially the argument put forward by the second introductory
> or 'preparatory' lecture.  That concentration which is said by TM'ers to be
> Buddhism is no good by comparison.  That is a deeply held belief of TM-TB's
> even today.

Yet Buddhist meditators practicing a method of balanced attentional training,
together with the four stations of brahma and it's transformative qualities of
the heart as a way to cultivate the nondual view, were able to transcend for
many hours at a time with just a couple of weeks of practice. They seemed to
dye the cloth pretty darn well and pretty darn fast!

We know it worked as the most detailed study of meditation ever performed
already happened several years ago and has been publishing results for some
time now.