From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of emptybill
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:29 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: To Vaj- The Magical Puja Placebo

Richard,

Calm down and consider the facts long demonstrated here on FFL.

Vaj is a classic newsgroup troll ... someone whose only purpose is to cause
everyone else to argue, to "provoke readers to an emotional reaction" and
to "disrupt normal on-topic discussion".

"A concern troll is a false flag <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag>
pseudonym created by a user whose actual point of view
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_%28cognitive%29>  is opposed to
the one that the user claims to hold. The concern troll posts in Web forums
devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group's
actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingroup_bias> , but with professed "concerns".
The goal is to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt>  within the
group."

Vaj trolls here, along with Barry, strictly due to Rick choosing to allow
it.

He seems quite amused by their behaviors.

I don't know about that, but I do know that I decided long ago that I'm not
going to police FFL. I don't have the time, and it is not my nature to do
so. There are enough FFL participants representing enough points of view
that the whole thing is self-regulating. Every perspective is
counter-balanced by some other. My interference would only upset the
balance. My status as a participant is equal to everyone else's. Some agree
with my point of view; others don't. I don't consider it to be more "right"
than others' perspectives, and certainly don't want FFL to be filtered
through it.