--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...> wrote:

> Hi responses below:
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dude, you lost me...
> >
> > Which implies you were once found. ha.
> >
> > My playfulness is simply pointing to other options. Life is so
> > magnificently full of joy and wonder, of humor in every breath and vista,
> > cascading insights, thankfulness, gratefulness (and great-fullness), music
> > art, color, symphonies of sound, a huge Hi Def intense cinematic
> > masterpiece ever playing, silence, and Vastness.
>
> **Yep, inconceivably amazing.
>

> > You and others sometimes appear to (operative concept "appears to me") to
> > thrill on a sparse and spartan diet of prickly thorns, dissention,
> > judgments, smart and witty smack downs, creating boundaries and divisions,
> > differentiating your selves into small boxes. The universe is a great
> > mirror -- what you see is what you are.
>
> **So...focusing on something and dividing it into more discrete  elements
> necessarily means that I lose myself in it and as a result the infinite
> nature of the subject and object are lost?

Generally when a conversations implies or starts "So what you (are trying to
say)  saying is ... " and then words get put in ones mouth.
Above is an example.

For some context -- as to my style, I qualified my statement by "appears to
me". Generally, no one can know what is going on inside another's head. One of
the things that has longed intrigued me about FFL is that some (excerpts of
posts) strike me with wonder. While some may be of he large sense of wonder,
often it is a more micro wonder -- somethings strikes me a new or a different
wrinkle on things. I sometimes am struck by what specifically is in that
dissonant chord that catches my attention. That dissonance may be simply an
artifact of my not fully getting where the person is coming from, their tone,
their degree of frivolity  and playfulness, the noise inside their heads. Or it
may be a subtle point, or POV, that I had not been aware of before. Sometimes
it appears to be a cognitive bias and leap of logic, on my part or theirs, that
takes some time to unravel.

I find, for me, unraveling such is probably like what others gain in doing a
cross-word puzzle. it can be a fun little puzzle. Usually not earthshaking in
importance in itself (though, over time, collectively, it can help me to
reflect upon, refine and reshape inner POVs and frameworks.

Often my posts are self-explorations attempting to unfold the essence and
context of that dissonance. And to better understand whats inside another's
head. The avenue may be analytical, humorous (to me) and/or even silly. Since
often a background question for me is whether the person is making a serious
point, or a silly flippant one, by my sometimes responding in silly ways --
responding in kind to the (apparent) joke and keeping the banter banter alive,
playful parrying to use Ray's term, I can a times better draw out the posters
meaning.

Explaining quips, as i did yesterday, I find is often not a very productive
route. The quip are either understood or not in their own context. You
commented that you were not getting what I was saying. So be it. The points may
have no value to you. They may be lame, or totally off base. So be it. They
were helpful to me, if even first draft one round-considered, quick quips in
understanding the dissonance they attempted to address.

Sometimes the dissonance appears to me to be a boundary that I do not share
with a poster. My sometimes quirky responses and quips are at times my way of
looking at it, tossing an alternative POV into the ring. Such is often helpful
to me to better understand the nature of that boundary. If another finds it of
value, positive or negative, it can at times promote dialogue and mutual
understanding. And its a two ways street. If I am off base, I seek to resolve
that. The foundation of it all is a willingness and inclination to explore --
and not to prove a particular POV as correct or better. Nor to diminish the
other.

> That is what I am hearing.

Again, "what you are hearing" is a key operative word -- as it is also for me.

>That is not my perspective. As much as I differentiate stuff, I don't change
>size, nor does anyone I may remark about. Infinity remains intact.

We are not coming from the same space. Some of your words (the totality of them
over time) are not things that would (usually) come out of me. They simply
don't resonate with me. I do find some harsh. That may be my limitation. I do
find that ol' dissonance sense in that -- and to me its fun and informative to
explore. (And to state the obvious, but a sense that appears lost some days on
FFL, the fact that we come from different spaces is neither surprising,
critically comparative or judgmental. Its interestingly exploratorial for me.)
YMMV

> > There is a huge wild fantastic party ever ongoing in the universe. You seem
> > not to care to join in the celebration. Thats not a judgement on you or
> > others -- maybe you have something I can't even dream of.
>
> **Yep, I find the party goes on day and night, so perhaps you don't see me in
> the darkness or the blinding sun.

Of course. Our lives intersect in tiny slices. So neither of us really has much
of a clue as to the totality of the other's life -- or that of others.

> I am here though, and fwiw partying my butt off.:-)
>

> > Its just pointing to something else.  Take it or leave it. The choice is
> > open to everyone. (And maybe I will wise up and someday revel in your
> > harsher, differentiated View of things. I don't know. For now, I am happy
> > in my retarded unsophisticated, undifferentiated living the joy of life.)
>
> **Harsher? So again, focus = trapped, or stating whatever it is in the moment
> definitively = harsh?

See above.

And stating what is in the moment, for me, is not a magic moniker. If one is
within a harsh mindstate at a particular time, then their words will be hard in
each moment of that state -- even if they are fully present.

> > A far as defending others, hardly. I am not interested in defending myself,
> > much less others. However, take this morning, for example, I have had
> > several nice, insightful (for me) exchanges with Turq. What am I to
> > denounce or defend? In the past I have had nice exchanges with you. And
> > with Vaj, Empty Bill, Nabs, Peter, and any number of others. Do I really
> > need to join some invisible sides and denounce others? Simply because
> > others see some flaws in others that are either invisible to me, or
> > unimportant --  or if they don't see the same joy in life and people that I
> > experience?
>
> **Your reactions seemed kind of knee-jerky. That's all. Thanks.

Knee-jerky is an interesting idiom / metaphor.  If you mean totally
unconsidered, I don't think thats the case. If you mean rapid fire, quick
quips, first drafts at untangling the dissonance that I hear, yes, often that
is the case on early weekend mornings. If I re-read, edited, rewrote some of my
posts a number of times, I am sure the points would be clearer to me and to
others.

Sometime some posts are more considered than others. However, when you see 20
short, rapid posts within an hour from me, particularly when I have not posted
for some time (and am thus typically reading a posts going back in time some)
its pretty safe to assume that I am  making some quick, light, quips. Quips
that are useful to me to begin at least to unravel that sense of dissonance.
And they are invitations to discuss that dissonance further if the poster or
readers are inclined.