--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> That's one of the ones I was referring to. He's putting
> Jim down for what you're calling "parrying," implying
> that he, Tart, is above it; then he goes and does it
> himself when Ravi tweaks him a little bit. When you
> criticize a particular behavior, you need to be careful
> not to indulge in it yourself, or you're going to look
> like a hypocrite.
>
> He spent most of the morning strutting around chastising
> various people for the way they think and behave, making
> I'm-so-enlightened-I-don't-have-to-do-that noises.
>
> When you look down your nose at folks and put yourself
> on that kind of pedestal, you invite extra scrutiny of
>

> Smug and self-satisfied is the way I'd describe it. And note
> that it contradicts itself, since it implies he experiences
> such joy in life and people that he can ignore their flaws--
> while he's criticizing Jim for the flaws he, Tart, sees in him.
>
> It's tough to criticize people for criticizing people without
> getting caught in self-contradiction.

This is excellent analysis by Judy, I can't match her intellectual acumen but I
have an ability to cut through crap. I just scanned couple of his messages and
his energy was so palpable that I had no choice but to attack him :-). If this
analysis can't help get Steve over his tartpuja I'm not sure what else can.