--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> Nice reply, information I did not have, or remember.

Caveat: I'm sure Markovsky would tell a different version
of the story, and I'm not in a position to confirm the
details of the one I heard (obviously from the pro-TM
perspective).

But I don't find it too difficult to believe that he
presented himself to the researchers as objective,
because he did the same thing with me in an email
exchange we had about the ME before it had become
clear which way he rolled.

Markovsky hung out on alt.m.t for a time. Among his
challenges to the ME was that the various studies
were unethical because the researchers had failed to
obtain informed consent from the populations the
interventions were predicted to affect.

That was so mind-numbingly obtuse in so many different
ways, it pretty much destroyed his credibility with
those who were present for the discussion.

> As for quantum mechanics, yes indeed it is the most confirmed
> theory, but they are still searching for the Higgs boson, and
> there seem to be hints from various sources, but so far they
> have not been verified. Especially at CERN where there is
> sufficient energy to find it, they still have to run tests at
> specific energies to try to locate it. If they do not find it,
> there will be trouble.

That'll be fun!

> As for testing the ME, it might be easier to try smaller
> groups in smaller cities, where size and expense of the
> experiment can be better controlled. Even if successful,
> there could be other explanations as to why it might work,
> if the experiments were positive.

There's a long-running experiment going on in Fairfield,
as it happens, that appears not to have had very positive
results. But I've heard only the *negative* version of
that story--I'd be interested to hear a knowledgeable
true-blue ME believer address it.