--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > What is the proof of the truth of this judgment of you?
> >
> > That you will manifest not the slightest bewilderment, confusion, wonder,
> > perplexity, concern over what I have said—BUT WILL COME BACK WITH A
> > RESPONSE WHICH PERFECTLY DEMONSTRATES THE TRUTH OF WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU
> > HERE.
> >
> > Just watch: Here it comes.
> >
> > SEE? I told you. Even though as I write these last few words, I already
> > know and see the future: and that future is a response which reveals that
> > YOU COULD NOT IN THE LEAST BE INFLUENCED, AFFECTED, TOUCHED, SURPRISED BY
> > ANYTHING I HAVE SAID.
> >
> > Realize, then, Ravi, that in every word you choose to write in a
> > counter-post you will be exhibiting every one of the characteristics I have
> > identified here in this post.
> >

> Ah, so good to have those Scholastics back: "You will prove
> I'm right when you try to suggest I'm wrong". I love the smell
> of the Inquisition at work in the morning!
>
> Now what to do with miscreants such as Ravi and Pali?
>
> "Therefore, if a man be dangerous and infectious to the
> community, on account of some sin, it is praiseworthy
> and advantageous that he be killed in order to safeguard
> the common good, since 'a little leaven corrupteth the
> whole lump'" Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theolologiae

Compared to Muhammad, when it comes to punishing sinners, Aquinas has no
imagination:

"Crushing the heads of the infidels and splitting their skulls with sharp
swords, we continually thrust and cut at the enemy. Blood gushed from their
deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered bearing the Prophet's
fluttering war banner. Our cavalry was submerged in rising dust, and our spears
quivered, but by us the Prophet gained victory."
Ishaq:578 Prophet Muhammad

Patanjali, a Hindu, under the sway of evil Vedic gods, believed that sinners
create their own punishment:

"Negative thoughts and emotions are violent, in that they cause injury to
yourself and others, regardless of whether they are performed by you, done by
others, or you permit them to be done.
They arise from greed, anger, or delusion regardless of whether they arise from
mild, moderate, or esxcessive emotional intensity. They result in endless
misery and ignorance. Therefore, when you consistently cultivate the opposite
throughts and emotions, the unwholesome tendencies are gradually destroyed. By
abiding in nonviolence, one's presence creates an atmosphere in which hostility
ceases."
Yoga Sutra of Patanjali II-34, 35 Ahimsa - Non Violence