Agreed -- for me, anyhow, Awakening occurred as soon as I *dropped* all the
milestones and criteria, as at a certain point they just got in the way of
fully appreciating Here and Now. All of the enlightenment-criteria are just
one, or another, or a mixture of the three gunas (usually sattva is the
favorite), and Awakening is really Being without the gunas (emptiness), and so
supporting all of them (fullness) :-)