--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, William Parkinson <ameradian2@...> wrote:

> Thank you so much for sharing with me what happened to you Ravi. I did not
> know that you are using something other than TM. The only reason why I
> practice TM is because having tried other meditations, TM, for better or
> worse, seems to allow me to transcend in the quickest manner I have ever
> experienced. It happened in the first day or two, and that was something I
> can't say for any other form of meditation I tried, including classical
> concentration (which I started when I was perhaps 12 years old following the
> guidelines in a book by Richard Hittleman on Yoga), or vipanassana, or
> meditating on my breath while using a simple form of pranayama. For me TM is
> simply an expedient tool-- I have no desire to reach GC or UG and right now
> I'm just trying to figure out if I should even allowed to go so far as CC
> 24/7.  Frankly this entire notion of having so-called Cosmic Consciousness,
> this awareness of a silent inner level, during sleep is something that
>  concerns me. I wonder if it will make sleep far more difficult. And I also
> worry about what I just read concerning what seems to be long-lasting, if not
> permanent changes to either neurophysiology or even neuroanatomy. Btw, what
> form of meditation were you practicing? And also, I love the comment by your
> Guru. That was a very perceptive comment!!
> Cheers
> Bill

For me the further shore occasionally seems closer than at other times, but
invariably a cleansing flood washes the boat back down stream, and the further
shore seems at least as far away as ever, if not more.

IOW, I haven't found an opportunity to carry the boat around on my head for any
appreciable length of time, at least.

To paraphrase MMY: as long as you have thoughts during meditation, you can
still benefit from meditation...

L.