I survived Ammachi's ashram in Kerela by eating cheese sandwiches from
the canteen.  The cheese was imported.  The free meals were way too
spicy for me and I didn't have a meal or two at the pay ashram
restaurant (more variety less spicy).  Fortunately I was only there a
couple of days.

I have an Indian friend who the first thing he wanted to do was go get a
pizza when he came to the states.

Sometimes there may be some efficacy depending on how the body is
functioning to eating a little higher fat food.  But that's something
not yet understood by a lot of western nutritional researchers who are
all about cutting fats and recommending "fruits and vegetables."  I
cringe when I hear "fruits" because they can trigger glycemic reactions
and it makes the researchers sound like dimbos.  Some smarter research
people have begun to de-emphasize fruits or qualify them.  Berries may
not throw blood sugar off as much as an apple.

On 08/07/2011 11:12 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
> Thanks for taking it in the spirit intended Mark.  I figured you would.
> Funny that he loved cheese because it is so non Indian outside of panir.  He
> was anti aged cheeses and had that statement that you shouldn't eat any
> cheese you couldn't put your finger through.  He never had a good 3 year old
> hard pecorino aged for the last 6 months in oak leaves I'm guessing!  But I'm
> down with the eating butter program.  I get this stuff from Ireland that you
> can eat straight like a cheese.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mark Landau<m@...>  wrote:
>> Grins and snickers from both of these, thanks.  Funny your multiple cheese
>> references.  Sometimes, on a plane, if available, M would take a huge pat of
>> butter on his knife, transfer it to a chunk of cheese and chomp the two
>> down, thus assuaging his hunger.

>>> That should be 10 in the countdown.
>>>
>>> 9. Locate all you can eat buffet for Bevan, Chuck-E Cheese for
>>> Nandkashore.
>>> 8. Swallow condoms filled with international money orders to smuggle
>>> into next country.
>>> 7. Bury bodies in landfill. Send parents bill.
>>> 6. Send hotties who can't take the hint to Yama. (see 7)