On 08/07/2011 11:30 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "curtisdeltablues"<curtisdeltablues@...>  wrote:
>> But I'm down with the eating butter program.  I get this stuff
>> from Ireland that you can eat straight like a cheese.
> For years, I'd buy four pounds of organic butter at a time and make big
> batches of ghee, using a long slow process that would turn the milk solids
> golden and give the ghee that nutty taste. I finally got so sick of ghee that
> I can hardly stomach the stuff any more. Since then, we'd been happily using
> Plugra European style butter. But, the new happy-shiny HyVee store in FF is
> now carrying Kerrygold butter from Ireland, and I'm totally in love with it.

When I moved back to my hometown in the 1980s I would go across the
border to a farm in Oregon where the farmer sold raw milk, creme and
butter.  Great stuff.  Washington got anal about that stuff.

Also recall my TTC in Biarritz where every morning there was a platter
stacked high with croissants and tasty Laughing Cow creme cheese.  When
I got back I bought some of that brand creme cheese and the US version
was lousy.