> One of the things I find myself noticing in Curtis' descriptions of
> David Eagleman's findings and opinions is that Eagleman seems to make
> the same assumption that religious people make. That is, that there is
> something called Reality.

I don't think that doing science requires more assumption than needed to fix
breakfast and sit down at the computer.  Both religious assumptions and the
kind of high level philosophical skepticism about the nature or reality are on
another level and don't intersect.

He hasn't tipped his hand about your perspective and could easily have it and
still do science.  He has tipped his hand about his skepticism that the
assumptions of religious beliefs are coming from a place that he takes
seriously.