Just the thought that the two galaxies will merge in 1.5 Billion solar
years
terrifies me into sleepless nights. Maybe it will cause me sleep apnea
or even
worse ... one of Vag's anal fistulas. Gosh, that sounds so indecent.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard%E2%80%93Smithsonian_Center_for_Ast\
rophysics>

Andromeda - Milky Way collision

Two scientists with the  Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
stated that when, and even whether, the two galaxies collide will depend
on Andromeda's transverse velocity.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-muir-0>   Based on current calculations they predict a 50% chance
that in a  merged galaxy the solar system will be swept out three times
farther  from the galactic core than it is currently located.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-muir-0>  They also predict a 12% chance that the Solar System will
be ejected from the new galaxy some time during the collision.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-Cain-5>   Such an event would have no adverse effect on the system
and chances of  any sort of disturbance to the Sun or planets themselves
may be remote.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-Cain-5>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-6>
Without intervention,  by the time that the two galaxies collide, the
surface of the Earth  will have already become far too hot for liquid
water to exist, ending  all terrestrial life, which is currently
estimated to occur in about 1.4  billion years due to gradually
increasing luminosity of the Sun.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-Schroeder-7>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision#cite\
_note-8>

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...>
wrote:

> Hi Xenos, Perhaps galaxies do crash into one another, but not to any
practical effect. In other words it is not so chaotic and destructive to
us that it affects our lives.

> Good point about being aligned with reality has nothing to do with
controlling anything. The more I am aligned, the less I control, and
everything works out perfectly. Often times I will have a thought and it
will materialize right in front of me, or in a relatively short time. It
is this confidence which builds on itself, driving me away from the idea
that I am limited and thus must exert my limited control, instead
relying on the unfathomable foundation of life to carry out my
fulfillment in whatever way it chooses to do so.:-)