--- In [email protected], "jpgillam" <jpgillam@...> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "authfriend" wrote:
> > 
> > I'm not wild about everything on the White Album, but some
> > of the songs on it are just on a different level, IMHO, as
> > if they came from a new place.
> 
> I like that sunny perspective. The White Album sounds different
> to me in that it no longer comes across as a band, but as a few
> guys who are singing and playing on one another's songs. Genius
> men and brilliant songs, granted, but still, the band is a thing
> of the past.

I don't think of it as a "sunny" perspective so much as a
new perspective. I think you put your finger on it, that 
the songs are much more personal to the particular Beatles
who wrote each of them, rather than being collaborative
efforts. It's as if they were able to access their
individual reservoirs of creativity in a way they hadn't
before.


Reply via email to