--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2011, at 11:54 AM, maskedzebra wrote:
>
> > I had been working against my "Enlightenment Hallucination"
>
> So would you agree that TM can produce a style of psychosis and that this is
> what many are seeing as a "higher state of consciousness"?

Answer: I resist giving a simple response to this question. What follows here
is strictly my own idiosyncratic view of the matter. I doubt I will take anyone
with me in what I say. But I will go ahead anyway. Enlightenment, in the case
of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, was real; real here means: functioning in a different
context mechanically, behaviourally, experientially. Enlightenment *is* a
separate and distinct state of awareness which is as different from waking
state as waking state is to dream state. Enlightenment is like waking up from a
dream, and it is, unquestionably, the experience of knowing the intention of
the entire cosmos is acting through one's individual existence. Unless it has
this—mechanical, purposeful—aspect, it can't be enlightenment. Not the way
Maharishi defined it. Not the way Maharishi made it possible for me to know
what he was experiencing.

But as for the true reality of it: that is: does enlightenment represent the
fulfillment, the perfection, the consummation of what it means to be a human
being? this I reject categorically. Enlightenment—any state that takes you
outside of normal waking state—including transcendence—is ultimately an
illusion. Note: I am not saying that it isn't something very real as measured
by how it allows one to function, the experience it immutably affords one to
have at all times, the stability of it, its unconquerable integrity. It is all
these things. But the question becomes: *How* is it that this state of
consciousness comes about? For sure, it is the perpetual integrated experience
of transcendence. But, after all, does enlightenment correspond to objective
reality? Does reality seek to have itself embodied in a human being in the form
of enlightenment?

No. A universal No to this. Which is why Maharishi started to come apart at the
end; it is why (if I may speak personally) I started to come apart at the end.
Enlightenment—if you're all out there—cannot be sustained. And reality will
bring it down. If, that is, you put yourself on the line: as in: I am
enlightened; let me lead you to the promised land (Unity Consciousness). Just
do this technique. Or: let me confront you inside the metaphysical drama of
creation.

So, strictly speaking, yes, TM "can produce a style of psychosis" which could
describe fittingly the state of enlightenment. But I have never seen *anyone*
on the earth other than Maharishi that I believe is 'truly enlightened'.
Because, as I have said, enlightenment requires the cosmos to appear to be
behind one's actions and supporting one's experience of a unified state of
consciousness. Enlightenment should and can meet all tests—but one. All the
tests short of reality deciding to confront it. Then Reality overpowers
reality. And enlightenment is seen for what it really is: a very unnatural,
deceitful, black-magical state of consciousness, which alienates one from who
one really is.

As far as I am concerned Maharishi's version of what enlightenment is is the
only true enlightenment of my lifetime. Maharishi lived out the truth of his
enlightenment—until the universe, or what is behind the universe, decided it
had had enough, and in its unfathomable providence decided to bring him down.
And is still bringing him down.

But it brought me down too. So, then, I deny, challenge, the so-called
enlightenment of anyone other than Maharishi. How so, Robin? Because I know I
can destabilize and undo that illusion if it gets presented to me in the form
of another human being. Not in the form of Maharishi, however—not when I knew
him; not when I was enlightened. The universe allowed Maharishi to represent
itself, even though, when it really came down to it, it rejected him, and sent
him on his way. And I am still suffering the consequences of this same kind of
rejection. That is, I am still finding out how f***ked up I made myself by
going into Unity Consciousness on that mountain in Switzerland.

So, as long as one stays in waking state, one is all right. But anyone who
claims to be enlightened, first of all is not enlightened in the sense that the
universe or reality is getting behind that enlightenment—as it did in the case
of Maharishi, as it did, in the case of myself; and secondly they are making
themselves weaker as a human being than they otherwise would be were they to
step out of their so-called enlightenment and become a normal waking state
person again. Every guest on BatGap fits this description, and Rick's
association with TM and Maharishi renders him far more subtle, fluent, savvy in
his conversation about things cosmic than anyone of his guests. They are all in
an illusion of one kind of another.

But, short of enlightenment, perhaps it's just fine to think one can evolve
into a higher state of consciousness through TM or any other meditation
technique. Myself, I have not outside of Maharishi encountered a single person
who claims to be enlightened who can stand up to the confrontation of their
enlightenment. They just get angry or out of control, and the falseness of
their experience gets exposed. Nobody, by contrast, could lay a hand on
Maharishi. But they could now. Same applies to myself.

But since God is no longer enabling us to know his Creation—and
ourselves—through his own grace, well, then, everything is up for grabs. And
everyone's reality is just as valid as anyone else's reality. But for sure
enlightenment in some objective sense is a form of psychosis—but it may be
supported by awesomely powerful invisible beings like Devas, or angels, or
discarnate spirits. I think this causality applies to Maharishi, and I have
come to believe applies to my myself.

If there was anything valid or truthful or objective about enlightenment, the
West would have made it an object of scientific study centuries ago—and all
those Jesuit Missionaries to India and Japan in the fifteenth century would
have been brought up short when they encountered some Guru or Roshi. They did
not, because enlightenment is a mystical state of consciousness which does not
correspond to reality as it is governed and sustained (and was originally
created) by a personal Creator. The Holy Ghost was with the Jesuits [like St
Francis Xavier]. Enlightenment will never become part of philosophy,
psychology, science, or literature: because it is *not real*. Therefore the
East is ultimately, in its spirituality, unreal. The spirituality of the West
once *was real*. The basis of its reality has gone. And therefore we in the
West—especially since psychedelics moved in—have followed the gods of the East.

And this, in my opinion, is all God's fault. Because he abandoned the
institution that Christ founded: the Roman Catholic Church. Now just a corpse,
but for all that, holding within itself still the intellectual and
philosophical integrity which makes the East seem what those Jesuit
missionaries knew through grace it was: deceived. Just like Maharishi was
deceived, just like I was deceived.