thx, both of you...much food for thought! re - the East is unreal, meaning
Wilber's "Great Tradition" or Adi-Da's Advaitayana-Buddhism (i.e. the
impersonalist elements in Sanatana Dharma, as opposed to dualist Vaisnava or
"orthodox" Christianity [non-Gnostic, say what the Pope recommends).
I don't get the point. True "IT" is "unreal" in the sense of the rope not being
the snake but definitely not "non-experiential". It's experienced as the Self.
So what....then we go on the many claims that result from this Gnosis or
Self-Knowledge. That's where people may find many a gripe, beginning with the
concept of Happiness.
How can people find fault with "IS-ness"?
The question of the Vedic Gods is peripheral; since Ramana Maharshi as a
proponent of Self-Realization at various times in his life was devoted to Vedic
Gods, he made it clear that Ultimately (from his perspective); devotion such
Gods was given up relatively speaking and totally engulfed within the
unmanifest.
In short, there are various claims as to happiness...; and I'll leave the
"East" at that for now.
As to Christianity, (orthodox Christianity as opposed to Gnosticism); there are
claims as to the redeeming power of Christ's Crucifixion.
Are such claims (as made by St. Paul and the various historical characters such
as St. Xavier) true or false.  What's the evidence?

http://www.scottgbrooks.com/painting_liberty1.html