It's always nice to put things in perspective.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:

> Barry, I really think that you undermine your point by exaggerating
the positions of TB's. At least, I hope you are exaggerating it and that
I am not wrong! I don't think most people going to the Domes really
think that they are all that important on the planet. They may look down
on other people and other meditation types, and probably belive that
they are increasing sattva for the area and the world - so they do think
they are on to something amazing. But, I still suspect that nearly
everyone in the Domes is there mostly for working on their own
Enlgihtenment, period. They want to get to CC or GC or just want to be
"good" in the TMO eyes. World Peace is a side benefit, but not the only
reason they are there. No, instead they want spiritual experiences, or a
nap, or to be with other TB's. Self-importance is not the main issue,
imo.

> Also, MMY was talking about World Peace as a result of doing TM from
about 1970, right? Way before the siddhis. He tied doing TM twice a day
to release of stress, better behavior, imporved health and world peace -
kind of covering all the bases for reasons to spend time doing this. And
we are all important to our selves, are we not? Very important, in fact.
Nothing wrong with that. Maybe you mean that TB's get to be rigid and
judgmental with an inflated sense of being at the Center of the best
technique for evolution, which I think is different than
"self-important."