This is not a counter rebuttal, simply another view, a point for further
discussion and examination.

The tipping point was when a portion (I think it was 11.73% but others may
quibble on this)of the full time community -- and some ardent part-timers, kept
clung to the notion that M. and his TMOs were all about, only about, the seven
step program for teaching 20 min 2x / day.

A parallel is Apple and Steve Jobs.  When he went more digital (i-tunes,
i-phone) and creating superb customer experiences (Apple stores) etc, many of
the faithful said, "Huh, what does this have to do with selling Macs" and "What
possible effect can a company with 3% market share have on digital music".
Steve's vision was that Apple was a "digital gateway company" (or something
along those lines with a core emphasis on superb design.

Apple would not be the company with the largest market capitalization in the
world (subject to check) and Steve Jobs would not be revered as the CEO of the
decade(s), if he limited his vision to selling Macs.

M. and his TMOs, in my view, were / are about being a "Consciousness gateway
org" -- not limited to 20 min 2x, but having 50 product lines that enable
Consciousness to shine in all parts of a persons life. Yet many whined, "when
will we get OUR old TMO back, 20 min 2x". "When will M come to his senses and
do what he is supposed to do, teach TM".