From: Ravi Yogi <raviy...@att.net>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 6, 2011 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Reality Distortion Field: from Steve Jobs by
Walter Isaacson

Hmm..Denise I'm confused - you must be referring to TM while I was talking
about Buddhism.

As far as I can see, there is value in TM charging money - one people never
appreciate anything they receive for free, secondly they put more effort since
they have paid it and thirdly it makes them feel special, much like buying an
Apple product which is very helpful in initial stages.

On Nov 6, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Denise Evans <dmevans...@yahoo.com> wrote:

><snip>
>

>"Buddhism is a great but arduous path, not for everyone, only for a few who
>have the great intellect combined with proper discrimination...."
>

>I don't see why it has to be so complicated or why one has to buy in
>fully....I think there may be value in practicing principles and techniques
>that can be spoon-fed to the masses...like Yogurt-lite.

 deepest teacher. We repeatedly bang our