http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6E547V188M&feature=related

________________________________
From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:36:48 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The hate caused by "UNHATE"  :-)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

> It's a disgusting picture and the Vatican is right to sue.
> Benetton has no message of "unhate" at all; it is just
> trying to get attention for itself so it can sell more
> of its stuff.

Well, duh. It's an ad campaign. I thought it was a witty one.

For the record, as to the current Pope's sexual identity, I have no clue. The
vibe *I* get off of him is "repressed homosexual, probably not active." Always
have, since I saw my first photos of him. I found that sentiment echoed among
many gay friends in Paris and in Sitges; all of them spoke of him as "one of
us."

As to having respect for him, that is a different matter. I know too much about
him. I find him fascinating, but I don't respect him terribly much. In speaking
of Pope Benedict XVI, born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, you have to bear in mind
that his job, pre-Pope, was as leader of the Inquisition. Seriously. He was the
Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (the modern
name of the historical Inquisition) from 1981 to 2005. He has also been IMO a
horrific influence on the Catholic Church, moving it many steps backwards in
the direction of its, and civilization's, dark ages.

Although I am not Catholic, there was a time when I was hanging out with a
number of priests. They were scholars, and we had a common interest in the
Medieval period. When the former Pope died, all agreed long before the conclave
of Cardinals met that he would be the next Pope, because in their words, "No
one would dare to vote against him. They know what would happen to them if they
did." These priests said that Ratzinger was openly referred to as "the J. Edgar
Hoover of the Catholic Church," referring to his use of, and consistent abuse
of, power.

Having seen the trailers for the new Clint Eastwood movie, this parallel may be
deeper than they knew. Strangely like Hoover's many-year close relationship
with his protege Clyde Tolson, Ratzinger has had a 15-year relationship with
Monsignor Georg Gänswein (called "Bel Giorgio" or "Beautiful George" within the
Church for his good looks). He became Ratzinger's private secretary when he was
head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (the Inquisition), and
is now private secretary to the Pope. His fashion sense is such that Versace
based a line of clothing on it. You can't make this stuff up: