--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation"
<seekliberation@...> wrote:

> Greetings Tim,
>
> glad to have you on the forum.  From what I gather, pretty
> much everyone on this forum is a meditator/siddha.  However,
> i'll have to warn you that this forum isn't quite what it
> was 7-8 years ago.  It used to be a forum where aspects of
> spirituality and other deep topics were discussed.  These
> days, you can expect occasional subjects of a deeper nature
> mixed with arguments about politics, famous people, and
> whether or not a Chevy is inferior to a Ford.  It can be
> very random, but at the same time if there wasn't such a
> thing as 'superficial', then there wouldn't be such a thing
> as 'deep'.

While I agree with seek's assessment of the group,
I would suggest that there is no such thing as "deep."
There are only different degrees of superficial. The
"deeper" or more cosmic a poster tries to present his
or her point of view, the more likely it is to really
be superficial, probably something they were told by
someone else, and are just parroting.

> You are also going to find common feuds here.  There are
> some very notable and dominant personalities in this group
> who i've come to believe their whole purpose in life is to
> communicate on FFL. You'll catch on real quick to who's who
> and what to expect from them.

As an educational aid in determining who constitutes
this group that seek is speaking about, pay attention
to the distinction between those who try to convince
you that their point of view is true, or The Truth, or
"correct," or the only possible way to see things.
They are the members of the group seek defines above.
As opposed to those who just spout opinions, and are
clear that what they say IS opinion.

In short, anyone who is trying to sell you something
is really trying to sell you their ego, and its sup-
posed worth. The more they attempt to sell it to you,
the less actual worth it has.

When in doubt, if you're actually looking for wisdom,
swing behind those who are wise enough to know that
everything they say is opinion. And who have a sense
of humor about expressing even that. If all else fails,
try reading the group while standing on your head.
It won't help, but you'll feel better having tried all
the angles:

  [http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/2be24de0c060012e2f8f00163e41dd5b]