--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@...> wrote:

> This FFL group has such a goofy-assed mix -- who wouldn't be circumspect or
> having a strategy about how much about themselves they should express here?
>
> Look at the FFL SHITHEELS  who beat on any newcomer for the least infraction
> in philosophical argument.  You've got to fight your way into FFL like it was
> a street gang.

Tell me about it, Edg. When I first started posting here in 2008 I got a ration
of race-baiting sexist crap for supporting Hillary's primary. People had me
confused with Judy so for a while we teamed up and had a good time bombing
FFLife with scrappy post defending ourselves against the regular onslaught of
Kool Aid intoxicated Obots. It was fun and exhilarating to get my creative
juices flowing and find out I could stick up for myself quite deliciously. I
haven't posted much lately. I guess I gradually I grew weary of the SOS.

Judy has a lot more fortitude, intellectual acuity and staying power for it all
than I do. I cheer her on even if she calls me out for saying stupid stuff from
time to time. I take no offense. I find her criticism honest and instructive.
It isn't any surprise that more women don't post on FFLife considering for all
the bashing you can get around here just for saying you like Hillary Clinton or
god forbid, admitting you're a feminist.

There's something deep in the psyche of more than a few men that the mere
mention of Vagina Dentata frightens the hell out of them as if a powerful
female specter is about to swoop down and bite off their dicks. Judy and I had
some fun shaking VD in Barry's face for awhile just to push his buttons.

I decided from the get go that FFLife wasn't a place for wimps. FFLife has it's
own peculiar history of players that makes is an weirdly entertaining place to
be. I enjoy reading many of the talented writers who post here. I'm including
you in that, Edg. I miss you.

I looked up a few of my very early posts on FFLife. I came out swinging right
from the start. I don't think the feistiness in my writing will change if
someone decides to be an asshole and I take them on. I'm just that I'm less
attached to it nowadays. Ravi was an exception that drew me out of my minimal
posting shell.

A blast from the past:

Re: raunchydog and author's friend - one and the same ?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >

> > I think it's a feel good, self-indulgent, cult thing that seems
> > characteristic of entitled transplants from bigger cities where
> > enclaves of liberal white guilt spawn the blight of Obots spots on our
> > fair city. Remedy? Embrace the impossible.
> >

> Whoa! Based om what little I've read Shakespeare in English, or any
> other language for that matter, I'd dare to say there's almost something
> S-spearean in yer rants! :D

Tragedienne here resides to the parry slings and arrows of FF Life,
awakening better angels, chastising ignorance, and occasionally
pissing you off for the hell of it.