As narcissistic as I am -- tons -- as alluring that performing on the stage and having all that attention might be, I never could get past knowing that folks I really disliked might be in the audience. What? Some bastard what done me wrong gets to pay a few bucks and now I'm some organ grinder's monkey gotta do a trick?
What? Really try to write something that can possibly be as funny and wise as anything Curtis writes only to have it open to the most cruel commentary by the minds of these culture crushing trolls here? Sorry, for me, it's a hump I cannot easily over top. The rats here make it so hard to want to "shine like no one's looking." Rick's Party should have all these free-types cavorting around here and trying out their wings, but noooooooo, we get all dressed up in our tutus and there's Willy the War Monger pepper-spraying anyone who's even tapping a toe to the music. You'd think that a movement that's been culturing its adherents for 50 years would have discovered -- by dint of just messing around long enough -- how to village-raise their own to be civil in their dealings with those who have not drunk their "look into the white lighting" Kool-Aid. Sit with a saint. Lose your dome badge. Be an open lover of killing anyone who isn't white, and WELCOME TO THE DOME. Maharishi was a racist of the first order, right? Clever him, he got the slaves to volunteer for his plantation work. What was I thinking? I mean, right there in the first lecture, the guy giving it was obviously not a golden child striding the world and solving problems everywhere. He was a wimp, reading out of the Science of Being and the Art of Living, and an obvious lover of cucumber sandwiches. Yeah, whoa, what a glorious spiritual leader this guy was. Gunna take me to the promise land. I bought it. Fuck. Edg --- In [email protected], "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote: > > > > --- In [email protected], Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote: > > > > > > This FFL group has such a goofy-assed mix -- who wouldn't be circumspect or > > having a strategy about how much about themselves they should express here? > > > > > > Look at the FFL SHITHEELS who beat on any newcomer for the least > > infraction in philosophical argument. You've got to fight your way into > > FFL like it was a street gang. > > > > Tell me about it, Edg. When I first started posting here in 2008 I got a > ration of race-baiting sexist crap for supporting Hillary's primary. People > had me confused with Judy so for a while we teamed up and had a good time > bombing FFLife with scrappy post defending ourselves against the regular > onslaught of Kool Aid intoxicated Obots. It was fun and exhilarating to get > my creative juices flowing and find out I could stick up for myself quite > deliciously. I haven't posted much lately. I guess I gradually I grew weary > of the SOS. > > Judy has a lot more fortitude, intellectual acuity and staying power for it > all than I do. I cheer her on even if she calls me out for saying stupid > stuff from time to time. I take no offense. I find her criticism honest and > instructive. It isn't any surprise that more women don't post on FFLife > considering for all the bashing you can get around here just for saying you > like Hillary Clinton or god forbid, admitting you're a feminist. > > There's something deep in the psyche of more than a few men that the mere > mention of Vagina Dentata frightens the hell out of them as if a powerful > female specter is about to swoop down and bite off their dicks. Judy and I > had some fun shaking VD in Barry's face for awhile just to push his buttons. > > I decided from the get go that FFLife wasn't a place for wimps. FFLife has > it's own peculiar history of players that makes is an weirdly entertaining > place to be. I enjoy reading many of the talented writers who post here. I'm > including you in that, Edg. I miss you. > > I looked up a few of my very early posts on FFLife. I came out swinging right > from the start. I don't think the feistiness in my writing will change if > someone decides to be an asshole and I take them on. I'm just that I'm less > attached to it nowadays. Ravi was an exception that drew me out of my minimal > posting shell. > > A blast from the past: > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/189790 > Re: raunchydog and author's friend - one and the same ? > > --- In [email protected], cardemaister <no_reply@> wrote: > > > > --- In [email protected], "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > I think it's a feel good, self-indulgent, cult thing that seems > > > characteristic of entitled transplants from bigger cities where > > > enclaves of liberal white guilt spawn the blight of Obots spots on our > > > fair city. Remedy? Embrace the impossible. > > > > > > > Whoa! Based om what little I've read Shakespeare in English, or any > > other language for that matter, I'd dare to say there's almost something > > S-spearean in yer rants! :D > > > > Tragedienne here resides to the parry slings and arrows of FF Life, > awakening better angels, chastising ignorance, and occasionally > pissing you off for the hell of it. >
