> Occasionally I poke fun at those who have invested
> heavily in butt-bouncing for world peace, *not*
> because I wouldn't like to see a nicer world, but
> because I don't believe in the basic premise of the
> "ME." It seems based on Maharishi's prescription
> for lazy living, "Do less and accomplish more; do
> nothing and accomplish everything."

Anybody here think Barry never quite got what MMY
meant by this?

Here's a tip, Barry: You could be spending every
waking moment actively working for the benefit of
others and still be "doing nothing" in the context of
MMY's saying.

> Color me unconvinced that doing nothing has ever
> accomplished anything. Everything starts with action,
> even if it's as simple as helping someone up. Karuna
> (kindness) spreads from actually *doing* something.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwAYpLVyeFU

I'd put this video in the category of "Do a whole lot
and accomplish almost nothing"--not in terms of what
the fictional characters are doing but in terms of the
the effort that went into making the video in the first
place, given the sheer mind-numbing *banality* of the
result.