--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> > Occasionally I poke fun at those who have invested
> > heavily in butt-bouncing for world peace, *not*
> > because I wouldn't like to see a nicer world, but
> > because I don't believe in the basic premise of the
> > "ME." It seems based on Maharishi's prescription
> > for lazy living, "Do less and accomplish more; do
> > nothing and accomplish everything."
>
> Anybody here think Barry never quite got what MMY
> meant by this?
>
> Here's a tip, Barry: You could be spending every
> waking moment actively working for the benefit of
> others and still be "doing nothing" in the context of
> MMY's saying.

Absolutely. Another aspect of "doing nothing and accomplishing everything," in
my experience, lies in intention. I make no claims at all to being enlightened,
but in many aspects of life these days, I only have to have an intention for
something to happen for myself, and it does indeed happen without any further
effort on my part. Intention is everything, it seems to me.