> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > watching.  :-)

> happen :-
> > )

> > > Self-evident ...
> >
> > Stepping outside the three gunas -- so that Self (observer) and
> All-
> > that-is are (observed) not different -- is analogous to looking
at
> > the torus from outside, and seeing Vishnu coalesce from the
outer
> > shell into the base of the inner double-cone (as Sattva); Brahma
> > rotate as the singularity at the center of the double-cone (as
> > Rajas); and Shiva disperse at the top of the double-cone
outwards
> > into the outer shell (as Tamas) -- and yet, because one is no
> longer
> > involved in the
> > movie(s) within this Brahman-torus, nothing actually happens;
the
> > whole thing is in stasis.
> >
> > This might be akin to the Work of Byron Katie, wherein when we
> > inquire into the stories of our suffering, we may realize that
we
> > have been projecting all of it -- resolving it back into the
> radiant
> > clarity and loving fullness of our own emptiful not-happening  :-
)

> So why does Vishnu blend with Brahma, and Brahma blend with Shiva,
> but Shiva and Vishnu are absolutely distinct from one another?

Great question! I used to ask this about Sattva and Tamas, which
were always held to be total opposites and unmixable. I never really
got this until seeing their polar functions in the Torus -- and
understanding them as analogous to magnetic poles does help. Even if
we see Sattva in its conventional sense as Light and Tamas as Dark,
though, it really does make sense. However, it's interesting that
Siva/Tamas/the Black Hole is (from the point of view outside the
Torus anyhow) actually dispersing outward, rather than spiraling
inward, and Vishnu/Sattva/the White Hole is spiraling inward, rather
than dispersing outward...

> In other words, what does that transition on the outside of the
> torus, between the ultimate decay of Shiva, and the growing
> pregnancy of Vishnu look like or represent? it appears to be a gap
> of undifferentiated potential; Absolute stillness. No gunas.
>
> Or is there something there?

FWIW I see a golden ring occupying that gap, with spokes to that
ring emanating from the singularity/Brahma-point :-)