--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> > > Not necessarily. Not quite that simple.
> >
> > Not necessarily? It's a complete load of bollocks. I was
> > sending up the belief *taught* by Maharishi. If M teaches
> > one thing, tells someone they are enlightened and it ends up
> > in court, something has gone wrong. Whichever way you look
> > at it.
>
> I agree. So what went wrong in this instance, and how do
> you know?

First off, enlightenment aint all it's cracked up to be *or*
MMY wasn't enlightened and therefore couldn't judge Robin
adequately who couldn't have been enlightened even by Ms
standard or he wouldn't have needed or even cared about a
court case.

I think I was right the first time though: enlightenment
aint what we've been taught. And certainly nothing to
do with the rest of nature and thus having no effect on it.
The whole TMO story seems like a disaster compared to the
legend about how great it is to be in the "supreme" state
of consciousness. It must be a great trip but that's all it
is I think, and every high has its come down. Look at the
last few years of MMYs life and read Robins story, neither
of them sell the big E to me but somehow the myths get
perpetuated and we're all so needy for it that we take these
people at their word that we too can gain the promised land
when it isn't really that at all.