--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, azgrey <no_reply@...> wrote:

> This is getting creepy.
>
> Really really creepy.

Thanks for noticing.

What I find heartening is that this week, possibly
as a result of my "modest proposal," only one person
has decided to sign on as a creepiness groupie. It
must be a sign of the Age of Enlightenment dawning
at last. The butt-bouncers must be working overtime. :-)

Have you noticed that the thing that sets them off
is someone -- anyone -- either saying something nice
about one of their hate-objects, or having a pleasant
conversation with them?

I reiterate the point of my "modest proposal." FFL
provides an opportunity to occasionally say something
interesting, something new, something that isn't a
rehash of old dogma or old grudges. There are quite
a few posters here who have shown themselves capable
of doing that -- Share, merudanda, Xeno, Paligap,
Marek, Curtis, bharitu, Vaj, salyavin, Alex, Rick,
Susan, Sal, and many others. Then there are those
who are stuck in the same rut, and seem incapable
of climbing out of it. Uninteresting.

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna spend my time reading
and chatting with the interesting folks, and leave
the interesting ones to their obsessions.

Speaking of interesting, we are only 7 hours or so
from finding out whether the Supreme Court of the
United States has been completely bought and paid
for by corporate interests, and the only thing some
on this forum think is worthy of their comments is
a guy they've never met, but whom they have a grudge
against because he refuses to take them seriously.