> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@> wrote:
> >
> > Barry, when you saw Lenz levite
> > 1.  had you heard before that he did this sort of thing?
>
> No. Not the first time I saw him/it.

Susan, I'd like to do what I forgot to do when first
replying, and thank you for the way in which you asked
your questions. That is, curious and more than a little
skeptical, but not hostile. That is rare, and why I don't
talk about this stuff here very much, and why I won't
talk about it again for a while after this post.

>From my point of view, the important thing about my first
post on this subject yesterday was the last sentence:
"Lemme tell you, that is a great deal harder to live with
than those who think that witnessing levitation would be
a Good Thing That Would Make Their Incarnation might think."

THAT is really the bottom line. THAT, if there was one,
was the benefit of having witnessed extraordinary things.
NOT the having done it, but the having to *live with*
having done it.

What do you DO with having experienced something that
you and everyone around you knows could not have
happened, if the world is "really" as it has been
described to us all our lives?

Do you talk about it? Do you try to convince others that
it was real, and tell them what you think it "meant?"
Good luck with that. :-) You CAN'T ever convince someone
who hasn't seen or experienced something like this that
it was real.

Some people actually are so freaked out by what they
realize are the implications of having seen something
like this that they try to make the experience GO AWAY.
For example, I once took an ex-girlfriend, a die-hard
TMer who still is one to this day, to see Rama. I didn't
push it on her, because I knew what a stick-up-her-butt
TM TB she was, but she asked, so I brought her along to
a public talk. At one point during one of the meditations,
she, sitting right beside me, opened her eyes and looked
at Rama and said "Oh my God!" I opened my eyes and looked
at her and she was quivering, shaking. I looked up at
Rama and sure enough, he was hovering about a foot above
the sofa he had been sitting on.

I whispered to her, "What are you seeing?" She said, "He
is levitating." She stared at him for some minutes,
clearly somewhat shaken by the experience, and then
closed her eyes again and meditated. After the talk, I
asked her about it and she said, "Yes, there is no
question about it...he was levitating. Not bouncing,
levitating."

Two days later I ran into her, and she denied ever having
said that, or ever having seen it. Some weeks later I
heard through the gravevine that she now denied ever having
gone to see Rama in the first place, because that would
have been perceived as Off The Program.

THIS is the thing that people who think "All we'd have
to do to get everyone to sign up to learn TM is to
demonstrate real flying" don't understand. They really
don't get the power of denial, and of clinging to what
they've been told about the world and how it works, even
*in the face of their own experience to the contrary*.

That is one of the things that appealed to me about the
Carlos Castaneda books. I discovered them *after* having
seen many of the extraordinary things he wrote about, in
the desert with Rama. What resonated with me, however,
is that Carlos was honest about what seeing these things
*put him through*. He was sitting there shaking in his
boots during many of these experiences, because they HAD
just rocked his world, and changed his perception of
that world in ways that -- if he was honest with himself
about having seen what he just saw -- he could never
changed forever by the experience.

Many people don't WANT to be changed forever. They may
claim that they do, but that's a pile of crap. They want
enlightenment to be as it was described to them by MMY,
a slow and linear process, in which waking state is
followed by CC and then CC is followed by GC and all
of these transitions are easy and don't really rock
your world all that much.

That is not my experience of how such things often happen.
IMO, the different states of consciousness are not linear,
they are coexistent and congruent, ALL of them happening
to ALL of us at once, simultaneously. We just focus on
and get attached to one of them at a time, that's all.
I've bounced in and out of various of Maharishi's "Seven
states of consciousness" for years, and not one of them
was IMO any "better" than another, or all that different
from one another. It was more like turning the dial on
a TV and choosing to listen to and watch a different show,
that's all. And it was the SAME show, only totally
different because you'd changed the subjective point
of view from which you were watching it.

But now imagine having experiences of CC or GC or UC
and trying to tell someone who has never experienced
them about them. Should they believe you?

Of course not. You're describing something they've never
experienced. It's much easier to believe that you're just
a nut job, or touting your own self importance.

Now take that and square it or cube it. THAT is what
talking about having witnessed siddhis is like. WHY should
anyone believe you? There is simply no reason that they
should.

As a result, many simply DON'T talk about them. They keep
their mouths shut like many of my former Rama student
friends, and don't talk about them at all. Or, like my
ex-girlfriend, they glom onto "explanations" for what
they saw and experienced that makes it seem as if they
never really *did* see and experience it. This is just
so much EASIER than saying, "I really saw it."

I'm in the "I really saw it" camp. I will NOT take the
"easy out" and claim that I didn't just because people
won't believe me, or glom onto easy "explanations" of
how I never "really" saw what I saw and experienced
what I did. I *DID* see this shit. I *DID* experience
the things I experienced.

Admitting that makes me a pariah to many, especially
if along their chosen path they have never had similar
experiences. Admitting that makes me appear to be a fool,
or crazy, or trying to puff myself up and appear more
important.

You will have to forgive me if I suggest that people
who feel that way go fuck themselves.

I'm just doing what feels to me to be the only honest
thing I can do -- *admit* to what I saw and experienced,
but at the same time *admit* that I don't understand
it, that I have no explanation for it, and that I don't
have the faintest clue about what any of it "means."

I just describe my experiences, and allow people to
make of them what they will. That's what I did in Road
Trip Mind, and that's what I'm doing in these posts.