 From: curtisdeltablues <curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:18 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Eastwooding: "I'm not going to shut up; it's my
turn!"

The technique of trying to write from someone else's POV can be useful to
promote understanding.  That is not how it was being used here.  So the front
that I need to show Robin where he misrepresented my POV is all a ruse.  This
is a mockery piece disguised as Robin's scary brilliance to imitate another
poster's POV. Then it became a vehicle for the troll jackals to to their thing.

Mocking me is fine, just don't sign my name.  Pretty simple?  No, not in troll
world.  The fact that it might bug me to have my name signed to a post that
makes me out to be an effete drama teacher who revels in fey triumphalist
statements went over the heads of the troll revelers, intoxicated with their
sturdy goblets of human baby blood as they danced around the flickering flames
of having taunted someone online and gotten him to respond.  It should have
been enough that I said it misrepresented me, because I AM me.  I might know.
But both Judy and Robin have made such a huge fucking deal (Judy even accusing
me of lying about it) and Emily weighing in that it was just so wonderful, I
thought I would take a few minutes to use this piece to show Robin that he not
only doesn't understand my actual POV, he sucks at imitating my style because
he is locked in his own.

This will do no good because they just want to argue with me about whether or
not it represents my own POV.  It will satisfy no one and lead to more
trollery.  But it will now serve my own purpose of illustrating for anyone
interested that Robin does not understand my perspective, nor is he interested
in doing so.

So you wanted it, and now you got it.

But before I start lets look at how low Robin lowered the bar as he taunted me
to do this:

> ROBIN PRETENDS HE IS CURTIS. HE ISN'T REALLY. NONE OF WHAT FOLLOWS IS> > >
> WHAT CURTIS WOULD DREAM OF SAYING. THIS POST HAS NOTHING DO WITH CURTIS.

Of course the idea that NONE of it is anything I would dream of saying is a
loaded deck.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  So knowing this
exercise will do no good, I begin.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> Dear Robin:
>
>  I think, Robin, you are way out of line here. As a matter of fact *I never
> even read your post*. But now having read it, I can tell you: *It doesn't
> make it, Robin*,

First false voice.  This first line is a simple objection made flamboyant with
unnecessary long Robin phrases that will also riddle the rest of this piece.

Me:  I might phrase this: "I didn't read your post at first, but since I have,
I have some issues to raise."

R: and your confident assertions

ME I might use this phrase.

R: about your use of irony in relation to me is itself a form of irony.

ME:

I would never say this because Robin uses the term "irony" as a gentile name
for his mockery.  I specifically don't use the term with him because he has
mutilated it as much as he has "ontology" so that in the context of discussion
with him it is useless, having drifted too far from its common usage.

R Because--listen up, Robin--you don't 'get' me at all,

Me: Pure Robin's flamboyant voice.  The "listen up" phrase is condescension.
It automatically turns off the reader ahead of time.  If I decide to be
condescending (and I am not above that) you will know it halfway through the
simile chain that I am being a dick.  I would never telegraph a punch like
this.  It comes from Robin's overconfidence.

R: and the words you put in my mouth there were a misrepresentation of what I
might have said to you.

Anyone could have said this phrase and it could be true of Robin because he
does this a lot, and not only to me.

R: Look, Robin, I think you are a good guy, very sincere and all that;>

Me:  I wouldn't say this because I don't believe any of it.  Robin is a complex
guy and in the past I have enjoyed interacting with him.  But I don't for a
moment believe he is a "good guy" he often comes off as a real prick as he has
in this exchange.  And I would never claim that he was sincere because I don't
believe he is.  In watching how he dealt with Share I could see how much of the
old Robin Guru is still kicking.  This is not nice, it is not sincere, and this
may be the worst representation of my POV in the piece.

R: but you have one fatal flaw: you seek to judge the motivations of other
persons,>

M: I would never say this because we all do this naturally.  What I might
object to is that Robin tends to ascribe motivations to others that have
nothing to do with where they are coming from, but lacking a good feedback
loop, he will ignore any correction because he believes he knows people better
than they know themselves.

R: and not only do you fumble and stumble around (it is actually quite
embarrassing, Robin), but you actually miss hitting the truth of the person
altogether.

M: Phrasing is pure Robin and it shifts my point into his own perspective with
the tell, "the truth of the person". I would never say this because this comes
from his own epistemology system, not mine.  It misrepresents the more
relativistic view I have of "truth" in a human context.  My concept of POV has
none of the presumptions contained in the phrase "the truth of the person".

R: You can intuit all you like, Robin, but the act of judging what someone says
by what you believe to be their inner faults, this is not only inappropriate
and offensive--it is the most unreliable form of truth there could ever be. >

C:  This is such a jumble of ideas I would never express I don't know where to
start.  I don't use "truth" this way. That is all Robin.  In human interactions
we are dealing with perspectives, only Robin tries (and fails) to make this
leap to something he claims is "truth".  I don't believe it is possible in
human interactions of this kind so I would never say it.  He has collaged
together epistemological issues and douchiness.  They are too separate issues
for me and I would not muddle them this way.  It isn't that he is judging what
someone believes through what he believes are their inner faults, it is that he
missed their point because he is too busy focusing on their inner faults to
even enter into a discussion of the beliefs.  He prefers ad hominem attack to
real discussion.  Take the last go around where I asked him to support
asserting confidence in old anecdotal accounts of people levitating. It lead to
Robin discussing my "faults" for days.
 But he never answered the question, trying first that I am too closed minded
to accept anything from another POV, and then that he had a very sophisticated
understanding that I could not grasp because it was so scary subtle.  So I
would never make the point he makes above, if we can really call it a coherent
point at all.

R: But beyond this, Robin, it is violation of the code of human relationships. >

Me Only Robin believes there is such a "code".  In my view we choose our values
of interaction and this determines our level of intimacy with the person.  It
ranges from the trollish through assholeish to douchey and then breaks into
neutral and onward into well intentioned and to intimate trust. I give posters
a chance to choose this with me.  With some posters it is not possible because
they are ill-intentioned.

R:
You have just gone one step too far here, Robin, in your rather pathetic and
unconvincing analysis of irony. And I don't appreciate your bringing me into
your little dance of self-congratulations.

M All pure Robin in content and phrasing.

R:
> I would just ask you one more time, Robin: Deal with me on the basis of what
> I write;

M I wouldn't open it that way, but I might make this point.

R don't pry into my soul,

M I don't believe in souls, Robin does.  And he is the only one who believes
that he is prying into anyone's soul.  I believe he is projecting on to them
straw men he finds are easier to deal with then their actual POV.

R: because--you must surely know this by now, Robin--you are engaged in an
activity which makes it obvious why you blew up with your enlightenment trip:
You see, Robin, you can't act as if you are the knower of what my motives are,
my character. And the longer you persist in doing this, the more you are headed
for a fall. I don't want to see you lose it, Robin. You are a kind of fanatic.
And sooner or later you will get it through your brain and heart: >

M  I would not say this because Robin could know what my motives are.  But he
is not interested in that.  He is more interested in ascribing motives he finds
easier to deal with.  I don't believe this could be a reason he "blew up with
you enlightenment trip".  I don't discuss my POV on that.

R:I am going to resist your invasions, I am going to fight back, and
eventually, Robin, I will humble you.>

M:  Here Robin can't resist putting his most combative POV into my words.  I
don't believe he is "invading" me, that is his delusion.  And the last
triumphalist line exposes the most unsavory quality Robin has in discussion.
It leaks out of every image he uses to describe discussions here, and I have
objected to it from the beginning. I not only would never say this, I am
opposed to this whole framework for discussions here.  It is unpleasant
unfriendliness, with more than a touch of grandiosity.

R:Believe me, this is said in love, Robin: You are deeply flawed,>

M  I don't love bomb and I would never sum up anyone this way, it is bogus as a
way to look at any human since it is a quality of every human.  It is worthless
as a statement to someone else, it conveys nothing but condescension.

R: and I have tried to act as your friend. But you are hopelessly beyond the
reach of those who would give you the right advice.

M: I am not here to give Robin advice and would never say this.

R:  Meanwhile your admirers encourage and indulge you in this, and they are
acting therefore as the enemy of your real integrity.

M: You may be on to something here although the ending ruins it.  You have
people who egg you on in douchey behavior.  They don't care about real
communication or feelings, they just want blood and excitement at anyone's
expense.

R: I am quite stunned that someone as intelligent as you, Robin,

M: Again with the love bomb strategy that only you use.

R: can't see how you are acting out a little ritual here
which has become so familiar to most of us that at this point it just seems
like a cheap Vegas act--where the audience dwindles every night.

M; To invoke Vega but not include some darker noir detail seems like such a
waste of a possibility.  Sorry you think my writing is so flaccid.

> NOT Curtis, but Robin's version of a straw man of his POV

You were so gleeful to rub my nose in this Robin.  I hope you have enjoyed
yourself with the details of how your piece misses the spirit and substance of
what I have been trying to convey to you all this time.  It was a sad measure
of how little you understand me or my POV, and in that it was revealing. If you
had not pulled the dickish more to put my name at the end it would have just
been ignored as lame.  You put in very little effort and it shows.

As I reread this whole thing, I kept wondering, "why so grumpy Curtis?"
Perhaps it was that you doubled down on the taunts when I asked you not to sign
my name to posts I don't write, that I felt misrepresented.  Instead of just
coming clean you went on the attack trying to goad me into responding to your
post in detail.  But you weren't asking me in a nice way to further
understanding.  You seemed to be coming from a more condescending posture, that
you had nailed me because my POV is so simplistic, you could imitate it with
very little effort or time.  Just rattle off the Curtis trip so well that
everyone would agree, Robin really pawned Curtis. I guess it didn't help to
have the yipping of the hyenas smelling blood and circling.  Judy jumping in to
accuse me of lying about this misrepresenting my POV (I'll look forward to that
apology which I am sure is forthcoming now.) and that other person who does
whatever it is he is doing here.

Maybe this all spiraled out of control and this wasn't really your intention to
have this taken so seriously.  I'll hope for that.  The true trolls just want
me to react, positively or negatively, it doesn't matter. I wonder if you have
a preference?