 From: Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.r...@gmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re:to Richard & John -- writing for the Church of
$cientology

Damn..and you seem to have a good, accurate chart that reflects the ethos of
FFL well. Good job.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Anyway to clarify further - all the houses for me are structured perfectly,
with specific indications, supporting each other very well. If you take 5th as
mind it completely breaks down things - as it is most accept 9th house for
higher education. And as I said - 5th supports mind, being 3rd
(initiative) from 3rd (intellect) and  2nd(resources)  from 4th (emotions) -
but 5th doesn't represent mind, just creativity.

>On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.r...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>Dear John,
>>

>>On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM, John <jr_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hey Ravi,
>>>
>>>You're smarter than you look.:)  Please, check the FFL chart with the
>>>following birth data:
>>>

>>Well I have spent a lot of time studying astrology in the past and it's
>>basically fun for me to analyze the patterns since it gives good insights -
>>mostly from a personality perspective. I haven't spent any time on astrology
>>readings in recent times.
>>

>>>September 5, 2001
>>>14:24:00
>>>TZ 5
>>>Fairfield, Iowa
>>>
>>>Based on my analysis, the chart is fairly representative of the forum's
>>>characteristics.
>>

>>Thanks for the chart -  I have looked at it briefly and definitely - a nice
>>and interesting chart.

The point being made is that when there is lack of equanimity of mind due to
difference of opinion, anger and disagreements happen.  This is what is meant
when the lord of the 5th house (representing the mind) is placed in the 8th
house, the field of death.

>>Regardless of what KN Rao says I don't accept 5th house as representing mind
>>- mind is intellect - 3rd house and emotions - 4th house, 5th is for all
>>creative self-expression. If you look at 5th, it is 2nd from 4th hence food
>>for 4th - so creative self expression leads to happier emotions but 5th is
>>3rd from 3rd - so the initiative for intellect driven by 5th - so planets in
>>5th will affect intellect and emotions but 5th doesn't represent mind.
>>

>>In fact arguments is natural for a list like this yeah? But how healthy is it
>>- The problem I see is Mars/Ketu in the 2nd house and it points to lot of
>>passive aggressive behavior, repressed anger - since Mars is being eclipsed
>>by Ketu. Mars is also lord of 1st - so lack of self-identity manifested by
>>overt, agressive stance against traditions, Gurus as represented by Rahu,
>>Jupiter in 8th. So 2 of the male planets Jupiter and Mars are eclipsed by
>>Rahu and Ketu - so most of the posters may have issues expressing
>>masculinity, lacking positive expressions of masculine qualities. However Sun
>>is well placed as 10th lord in 10th.
>>

>>>8th is not written composition, 8th is the gut,

Here's a practical rationale why the 8th house is the field of written works.
Typically, writers create their thoughts while in seclusion in their desk.
Being secluded is signified by the 8th house.  Thus, the creativity is spawned
in the field of transformation, the 8th house, strange as it may seem.

>>Right 8th is for seclusion, since being 6th from 3rd - it shows the sadhana
>>needed to support healthy intellect. So I may yield here a little bit since
>>Rahu eclipses Jupiter here in the 8th but I don't agree on 8th
>>being written compositions. Writing is 3rd house, Sanjay Rath would say look
>>at A3 - arudha pada of 3rd house - for books, writings and here A3 is in the
>>11th house with Mercury in it which points to the excellent writing here on
>>FFL. Not to mention the the beautiful Moon - the lord of 9th in the 5th, 3rd
>>lord Saturn in 7th and even 7th lord Venus in 9th - those are all good
>>positions.

KN Rao stated that jyotishis from Northern India use the fifth house to
represent education at the high school level.  Thus, it's logical to consider
the 5th house to represent the mind.  However, the other significations you
mentioned are correct.

>>Yeah - like I said before 5th supports mind - 3rd & 4th but I don't treat 5th
>>as representing mind.

You tend to shoot before you aim, old chap.  As you well know, Rahu is
considered a demon in the vedic literature.  And, Jupiter is considered to be
the guru, the significator of traditional beliefs.  If Rahu is in conjunction
of Jupiter, Rahu will negatively influence the traditional beliefs signified by
Jupiter.  Thus, IMO the conjunction causes atheistic ideas and philosophies.

>>>Nonetheless, your other points in this regard are well taken.
>>

>>Well - I'm well aware of Rahu John. But I wouldn't take Rahu to represent
>>atheism, Rahu for me shows obsession, grabbing versus Ketu - suppression,
>>denial - remember Rahu trying to down the Amrita and getting beheaded.
>>Atheism would have to be lot of airy influences with Mercury, Ketu & Saturn -
>>I can't be sure. Either way I don't see any atheists on the site other than
>>Curtis, but then again I haven't seen him expressing too much of his
>>atheistic side anyway more as in questioning traditions, Gurus etc. Anyway my
>>point remains - as in Guru Chandala shows posters against Gurus, traditions
>>and this is quite clear here on FFL. Being in Gemini shows the intellectual
>>flair again, the lord Mercury again reconfirming it being exalted in Virgo.

This kind of language just proves the point that the FFL chart is correct.