This is a keeper Curtis along with your other gem "Don't you start now
Emily". Man - why can't get these women just SHUT UP and be like the
Sals and Susans - I feel for you 'bro.

<curtisdeltablues@...> wrote:

> The thing is dear Ann...
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater no_reply@ wrote:

<curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@>

condescending,

> > > Always appreciated.

> > > Actually I didn't, I just dropped in and must have gotten that
wrong.  If so I apologize to Judy if I was characterizing her as
condescending for a term she herself didn't use.

> > > No, it is my own collage of the poker term as it applies to
writing.  It sounds so much edgier than "foreshadowing".

> > OK, since I was the one who composed the message to Share I think I
am the expert here. I could have written the sentence beginning with the
usual, "Dear Share". The fact that I wrote those two words after a few
opening words does not, for me, change my intent of the letter to Share.
I don't want to hurt Share or to speak condescendingly to her (although
I have admitted times when I do give her a nudge or two about her many
spiritual pursuits and activities) but this was not the case in my post
today. I truly wanted to impart to her exactly what I said. In a
nutshell, she could be doing herself a disservice in her knee jerk
reaction to the dormouse statement by taking the first angry, negative
thing that comes to mind when retaliating to Judy. I believe Share to be
someone who would prefer to think of herself as someone who does not
fall into any easy traps of flinging abuse around when there are other
more thoughtful, cogent means to get her feelings across.

> > And Curtis, your post to me this morning revealed something,
personally to me, that I had only so far witnessed from afar in your
dealing with others here. I shall just leave that one hanging, take it
as you will.

case Judy's use of quotation marks is obfuscating, I'm sure it's not me
she is quoting as I did not write those words.  Or even think
them.  Maybe herself?  Or someone from another decade?Â

reality-avoiding dormouse" than a rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty
fighter.Â

taken exception to the metaphor of the dormouse as pertaining to you, it
was a rather charming, in an interesting way, image and not one to get
overly excited about. (See my photo of a rather adorable dormouse). On
the other hand, I know you can do better in your description of Judy so
that it encompasses not only your feelings (which seem to be hurt) as
well as a degree of truthfulness and therefore potency without the
ugly-esh negativity. I say this because I don't really sense that your
"rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty fighter" phrase as doing you the
justice it could if you were to dig a little deeper to find the one that
is just right. The one that fits your feelings right now but doesn't do
you an injustice.

using quotation marks as the words enclosed therein were actually
written by a FFL poster. Â Â