So it sounds like they're mutually exclusive.  Is that correct?  Thanks

________________________________
 From: emptybill <emptyb...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:14 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fairfield Life is so much fun - Part 2

Look Jackson, your gonna cause his head to explode.

Here's an example of a former post that deals with this
point but that Willy can't make sense of in any way.

He can't let it go 'cause he can't understand.

FromBaba Hari Dass (the upa-guru of Ram Dass)
On the difference between Mantra practice and
Japa practice.
1.      Mantra
is the repetition of sounds or words which have power due to the vibration
of the sound itself.
2.      Japa is the rhythmic repetition of a name of
God.
 It (Japa) consists of automatic Pranayama,
concentration and meditation. The main idea in doing Japa is to make the mind
thoughtless. Then automatically body consciousness disappears. If your body
consciousness disappears, it means your sadhana is going well. The body is the
medium of sadhana and the body is the hindrance in sadhana. Japa is a
formal method of worshipping God. It should be done privately
and preferably with a mala, or rosary.
 Silence Speaks: from the chalkboard of
Baba Hari Dass, 1977 (my bolding).