mjackson74:
> > Karma is karma but you seem to think if its created
> in the service of Maharishi it don't stick to you...

It sounds to me like you've had a pretty normal
experience of going off to college for a year or two.

Does anyone ever get over disagreement with teachers and
dealing with admin? You want stories about college? My
four years at UT would make your two years at MIU look
like a mountain compared to an anthill. LoL!

So, let's break it down:

If you had paid attention to your history teacher, you
would know that the notion of 'karma' comes from original
Buddhism in India, during the fifth century B.C. Karma is
one of the major beliefs of Qigong in China and Japan.

The historical Buddha taught 'Causation', termed 'karma'
in Sanskrit. Briefly stated, karma is the theory of
'action', a force that causes the entire cosmic cycle of
cause and effect. This eternal cycle of 'samsara' is an
endless round of becoming. The idea that there is cause
and effect in the material world was first enunciated by
the sramanas. The Buddha Shakya the Muni then propounded
the idea of moral reciprocity, a new theory of Causation.

"A concept of karma (along with samsara and moksha) may
originate in the shramana tradition of which Buddhism
and Jainism are continuations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Are we agreed so far?

According to Buddhist teaching, 'karma' has nothing to
do with a persons future rebirths. Karma is just the law
of cause and effect and everything is subject to this
law, from a highly evolved person down to a single blade
of grass - there are no exceptions.

If there were any kinds of left-over karmic actions in
future births these would have to be controlled by the
Ishvara, the inner controller. But Buddhism has no
such controller - so karma is just Causation, which is
the central philosophy of Mahayana Buddhism.

In order for a person to reap the result of his or her
actions in the past, there would have to be a
reincarnating soul-monad. But the historical Buddha did
not ascribe to this idea.

According to Shakya the Muni, a person gets the karma
of their actions in this life - there is rebirth, but
not a rebirth of a soul-monad. So, there would be no
individual to reap the effects of past karma.

Go figure.